Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

Articles and Notes for Further Reading



From last week to this week I have finished reading the Wikipedia and have also finished reading the London Riot articles by Daivd Buckingham. The Wikipedia articles have reenforced my understand of "Doublethink" and "Newspeak". However the London Riot has introduced me to a new way of looking at the media and how thay constructed information to persuade society. Mr Michie and I have had another discussion on what I have just read and how some on that will help me to understand to ideas for my essay.

For next week I need to write my notes up for each article and say how my thoughts have changed from reading the article and if there is any further articles to read based on the article. I also need to find three new articles that have something to do with Nineteen Eighty-Four or the media today. My starting place for this would be Baudrillard and 9/11, from the discussion with Mr Michie who directed me into the area.

During next week's meeting I will present my findings and notes from all the articles and discuss how they have effected my understanding and direction of investigation. We will also sit down and consider what I need to do next to progress my project and broaden my understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment