Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Meeting to discuss "Proposal Form"


To progress from last week to this week I have, completed the "Verification of topic and Title" in all aspects. I have sat down with Mr Michie to talk about what I want to do for the project and if there needs to be any changes. We have also drilled my question down, from being very broad to now being a niche, special area of investigation; "To what extent is the world we live in a reflection of the world depicted by Orwell in his novel Nineteen Eighty-Four?"  

Next week is half term, during this I should have completed read the novel and start to consider different aspects, that can compare to the world that we live in. After finishing reading the novel I am to write an  exploratory blog post sharing my initial reactions to Orwell’s ideas. I should consider both the thematic aspects of the text and their wider implications, as well as my own response to the way the story is concluded. I feel that to proceed with this I need to identify specific ideas and concepts from within the text for further investigation.

After I have completed my reading and have written up my findings, me and Mr Michie will meet again to discuss my response to the novel, will narrow down the areas that I have identify for further investigation and finally start on secondary research. For this research I will be reading articles that analyse different events in the media and how they have been represented. Also, researching into the background ideas of Nineteen Eighty-Four, such as "Doublethink" and "NewSpeak".

No comments:

Post a Comment